Learn how to out-grapple an opponent when lives are at stake, rather than competition points, with the Combative Grappling system developed by Kinetic Fighting founder Paul Cale.
In this four-hour course (the KEF–IC Echo module) you will learn vital strategies and skills to survive life-threatening situations where you end up on the ground, and an assailant attempts to attack or grab and control you. You will also drill ground-fighting responses for when weapons are, or could be, in use.
ON THIS COURSE, KEF–IC INSTRUCTOR AJ KEARNS WILL TEACH CALE’S BATTLE-PROVEN PRINCIPLES AND SURVIVAL TACTICS, WHICH ARE:
- Adaptable to any martial art or professional operational procedure
- Suitable for civilians & front-line operators, from beginners to professionals
- Backed by Paul Cale’s 25+ years of career military experience & 40 years in martial arts, as well as AJ’s own extensive experience and qualifications.
You will learn core skills and drills to develop the following key aspects of grappling for self-protection:
Targeting your attacks to stop threats rapidly
Weapon awareness, pre-emptive response and counters
Clinching with a bladed or blunt weapon
Supine (guard) offence and recovery tactics
Shoulder lock variations and controls for key tactical positions
- Classic trips and reaps adapted for real combat.
Prerequisites: None — beginners welcome
* If you have previously completed Echo module and would like to do a refresher, book a ‘Refresh Attendee’ ticket for only $50! (Note: no course book is provided and proof of previous course completion is required.)