Learn how to out-grapple an opponent when lives are at stake, rather than competition points, with the Combative Grappling system developed by Kinetic Fighting founder Paul Cale.
In this four-hour course (the KEF–IC Echo module) you will learn vital strategies and skills to survive life-threatening situations where you end up on the ground, and an assailant attempts to attack or grab and control you. You will also drill ground-fighting responses for when weapons are, or could be, in use.
On this course, Combatives Master Trainer and former SAS soldier Nick Caldwell will teach Cale’s battle-proven principles and survival tactics, which are:
- Adaptable to any martial art or professional operational procedure
- Suitable for civilians & front-line operators, from beginners to professionals
- Backed by Paul Cale’s 25+ years of career military experience & 40 years in martial arts, as well as Nick’s own extensive experience and qualifications.
In the KEF–IC Echo module, you will learn core skills and drills to develop the following key aspects of grappling for self-protection:
Targeting your attacks to stop threats rapidly
Weapon awareness, pre-emptive response and counters
Clinching with a bladed or blunt weapon
Supine (guard) offence and recovery tactics
Shoulder lock variations and controls for key tactical positions
- Classic trips and reaps adapted for real combat.
Prerequisites: None — beginners welcome
* If you have previously completed the Echo course and would like to do a refresher, contact email@example.com for special pricing.
This training in essential, real-world self-protection skills will be delivered by KEF–IC Instructor and owner of The Mill Gym, Nick Caldwell. A former Australian Commando and SAS operator, Nick is highly experienced in martial arts, including full-contact karate and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, as well as Special Forces Close Quarter Fighting (CQF) and Close Quarter Battle (CQB).