In this dynamic and challenging two-day course, you’ll gain industry-accredited firearm safety and handling skills as well as the best first-aid training in the business!
In addition to firing an array of weapons (with ‘live’ fire and blanks), you’ll receive expert education in correct weapons handling and safety, taught by the veteran crew of Extra Specialists and Kinetic Fighting. These instructors combine real combat knowledge with extensive film-industry experience to give you an edge in applying what you learn. You’ll then learn the essentials of first-aid using the state-of-the-art Laerdal SimMan 3G patient simulator, guided by the former combat medics and emergency services personnel from Emergency Australia.
Located at the High Fidelity Training Centre inside Screen Queensland Studios, this course delivers the required skill sets and qualifications you’ll need if wanting to:
- work as an actor, stunt performer, director, safety officer, etc. in the action side of film, TV or advertising
- expand your weapons knowledge and applicable skill sets (especially for instructing firearms defence/awareness and running realistic self-defence scenarios)
- get qualified to work as a scenario role-player in defence-force and law-enforcement training exercises.
In addition to preparing people for the film industry, Kinetic Fighting and Extra Specialists have joined forces to create a one-of-a-kind capability, in order to supply tactical role players (TRPs) for government contracts. This course delivers qualifications required for this work, covering the following:
- Category A, B, C, D & H weapons safety with live fire, as well as a blank-fire conversion for AK47. This covers: pistol, shotgun, AR15, AK47 conversion, centrefire & rimfire rifles
- The nationally recognised HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation courses, followed by immersive simulations to enhance individual skill sets and build confidence through exposure
- On-set etiquette for role players
- Contractor SOPs (standard operating procedures)
Discounts & RPL
It is a requirement for all KEF TRPs to hold a current weapon-safety certificate in categories A, B, C, D & H, as well a blank fire recertification and a current first-aid certificate. Those with military/LE experience are still required to have these qualifications to be able to work as a contractor in this industry. However, discounts are provided to all students who already have current firearm safety (A & B categories) and/or first-aid certifications, as follows:
Weapons – If you hold a current weapon license (A & B), you’ll receive a $100 off for each of these categories
First Aid – If you hold a current first-aid certificate, you’ll receive $150 off
Bookings & Information
To secure your spot for $1430 (total for both days) — or to find out about group bookings and alternative dates — contact KEF on 0418 511 129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 policy: See the full details here.