Learn how to apply the principles of Kinetic Fighting–Integrated Combat to control your fear and protect against common street weapons.
In this course (Charlie module in the KEF–IC syllabus), you will discover not only the essential components of surviving an armed attack, but how to arm yourself — legally — for the purpose. A mix of theory and practice, these lessons will help you hone fundamental skill sets (including those learned in our Self-Protection Essentials course, if you’ve done it) and integrate Kinetic Fighting’s core principles and survival strategies into your thinking as well as your actions.
In this module you will develop a working knowledge of the following key aspects of self-protection:
- Weapon awareness and detection
- Weapon characteristics and vulnerabilities to exploit
- Distancing concepts specific to weapons
- Weapon suppression and control methods
- Legal considerations for possession and use of self-protection tools
- Improvisation and effective use of legal tools for defence.
Prerequisites: None — beginners welcome*
BRING A FRIEND & SAVE – Buy two or more tickets for further discounts
* Do the Charlie and Delta modules together for a discount. If you have already completed Charlie and Delta (previously known as Level 2-Alpha and Level 2-Bravo respectively) and would like to do a refresher, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special pricing.
** Use the code ‘earlybird’ and book before 11:59pm on 14 September 2023.
The video below shows an example of KEF–IC Chief Instructor Paul Cale delivering high-level knife defence skill-testing for television (no shock knives are used in these KEF–IC modules):