Learn how to apply the principles of Kinetic Fighting–Integrated Combat to control your fear and protect against common street weapons.
In this course (Charlie module in the KEF–IC syllabus), Army Combatives Program creator Paul Cale will teach you the essential components of surviving an armed attack, but also how to arm yourself — legally — for the purpose. A mix of theory and practice, these lessons will help you hone fundamental skill sets (including those learned in our Self-Protection Essentials course, if you’ve done it) and integrate Kinetic Fighting’s core principles and survival strategies into your thinking as well as your actions.
In this module you will develop a working knowledge of the following key aspects of self-protection:
- Weapon awareness and detection
- Weapon characteristics and vulnerabilities to exploit
- Distancing concepts specific to weapons
- Weapon suppression and control methods
- Legal considerations for possession and use of self-protection tools
- Improvisation and effective use of legal tools for defence.
You will also receive a comprehensive training booklet for each module, along with a certificate and badge (which adheres to KEF–IC training gear) denoting your completion of these modules in the Kinetic Fighting system.
Prerequisites: None — beginners welcome*
Chris Fechner’s martial arts journey spans nearly two decades as a student, instructor, submission grappling/MMA veteran and security professional. Chris holds instructor qualifications in KEF–IC, krav maga, silat and CQB (Scientific Fighting Congress of Australia). He holds Black-belt ranks in Jissen Budo (4th Dan), Brazilian jiu-jitsu, escrima (Filipino weaponry-based combat) and freestyle hapkido. He is also ranked Level 1 Expert in krav maga (tested and certified in Israel) and frequently trains Aussie soldiers at Borneo Barracks as part of an ACP/KEF–IC skill-enhancement program.
BOOK NOW & SAVE – Early-bird special ends 2 May!
* If you have already completed Charlie or Delta (previously known as Level 2-Alpha and Level 2-Bravo) and would like to do a refresher, contact HMR Combatives for special pricing.