Learn how to apply the principles of Kinetic Fighting–Integrated Combat to control your fear and protect against common street weapons.
In this course (Charlie module in the KEF–IC syllabus), you will discover not only the essential components of surviving an armed attack, but how to arm yourself — legally — for the purpose. A mix of theory and practice, these lessons will help you hone fundamental skill sets (including those learned in our Self-Protection Essentials course, if you’ve done it) and integrate Kinetic Fighting’s core principles and survival strategies into your thinking as well as your actions.
In this module you will develop a working knowledge of the following key aspects of self-protection:
- Behavioural threat awareness and weapon detection
- Weapon characteristics and vulnerabilities to exploit
- Distancing concepts specific to weapons
- Weapon suppression and control methods
- Legal considerations for possession and use of self-protection tools
- Improvisation and effective use of legal tools for defence.
Prerequisites: None — beginners welcome*
BRING A FRIEND & SAVE – Buy two or more tickets for further discounts
This training in essential, real-world self-protection skills will be delivered by KEF–IC CMT Geordie Lavers-McBain. Geordie is contracted by the Australian Defence Force to teach at the Combatives Centre at Gallipoli Barracks, Enoggera. He is, to date, the only civilian to have completed Levels 1, 2 and 3 and Instructor qualification in ACP (the Army Combatives Program designed by Paul Cale) . He has also completed the US Marines’ MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) black belt curriculum. He holds black belts in 23 different martial/combat arts, including a 2nd Degree in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and 6th Degree in Jissen Budo, and instructor qualifications in 14 other fighting systems including muay Thai, boxing and wrestling.
COVID-19 policy: In addition to enhanced safety and hygiene protocols, participants may choose to work with only their own partner for the majority of the seminar. Special discounts also apply to encourage bringing your own training partner (see above).
* Do the Charlie and Delta modules together for a discount. If you have already completed either one (previously known as Level 2-Alpha and Level 2-Bravo) and would like to do a refresher, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special pricing.
** Use the code ‘earlybird’ and book before 11:59pm on 6 February 2021.