Learn how to apply the principles of Kinetic Fighting–Integrated Combat to control your fear and protect against common street weapons.
This course (Charlie module in the KEF–IC syllabus) was developed by Army Combatives Program creator Paul Cale. In it you will discover the essential components of surviving an armed attack, but also how to arm yourself — legally — for the purpose. A mix of theory and practice, these lessons will help you hone fundamental skill sets (including those learned in our Self-Protection Essentials course, if you’ve done it) and integrate Kinetic Fighting’s core principles and survival strategies into your thinking as well as your actions.
In this module you will develop a working knowledge of the following key aspects of self-protection:
- Weapon awareness and detection
- Weapon characteristics and vulnerabilities to exploit
- Distancing concepts specific to weapons
- Weapon suppression and control methods
- Legal considerations for possession and use of self-protection tools
- Improvisation and effective use of legal tools for defence.
You will also receive a comprehensive training booklet for each module, along with a certificate and badge (which adheres to KEF–IC training gear) denoting your completion of these modules in the Kinetic Fighting system.
Prerequisites: None — beginners welcome*
* If you have already completed Charlie module — previously known as Level 2-Alpha — and would like to do a refresher, contact Southern Cross MA (Note: no course book is provided and proof of previous course completion will be required.)