Learn how to apply the principles of Kinetic Fighting–Integrated Combat to control your fear and protect against common street weapons.
In this course (Charlie module in the KEF–IC syllabus), you will discover not only the essential components of surviving an armed attack, but how to arm yourself — legally — for the purpose. A mix of theory and practice, these lessons will help you hone fundamental skill sets (including those learned in our Self-Protection Essentials course, if you’ve done it) and integrate Kinetic Fighting’s core principles and survival strategies into your thinking as well as your actions.
On this course, Combatives Master Trainer and serving ACP instructor James Hellyer will teach Cale’s battle-proven principles and survival tactics, which are:
- Adaptable to any martial art or professional operational procedure
- Suitable for civilians & front-line operators, from beginners to professionals
- Backed by Paul Cale’s 25+ years of career military experience & 40 years in martial arts, as well as James’s own extensive experience and qualifications.
In this module you will develop a working knowledge of the following key aspects of self-protection:
- Weapon awareness and detection
- Weapon characteristics and vulnerabilities to exploit
- Distancing concepts specific to weapons
- Weapon suppression and control methods
- Legal considerations for possession and use of self-protection tools
- Improvisation and effective use of legal tools for defence.
Prerequisites: None — beginners welcome*
BRING A FRIEND & SAVE – Buy two or more tickets for further discounts
* Do the Delta and Charlie modules together for a discount. If you have already completed Charlie, or both modules (previously known as Level 2-Alpha and Level 2-Bravo) and would like to do a refresher, contact email@example.com for special pricing.
** Use the code ‘earlybird’ and book before 11:59pm on 23 September 2022.
This training in essential, real-world self-protection skills will be delivered by Combatives Master Trainer (CMT) James Hellyer. With over 23 years of military service, James is a Warrant Officer (Class 1) in the Army, and one of the first four ACP/KEF–IC Combatives Master Trainers recognised by the programs’ creator Paul Cale. Along with his history of instructing the Army’s version of KEF–IC (ACP) to a variety of military units, James’ teaching leverages off 30 years of martial arts experience, covering a variety of systems. These include boxing, judo, Japanese jujutsu, Kudo Daido Juku and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. This experience, coupled with his extensive military training, gives him a unique ability to connect with KEF–IC students of various styles and abilities to deliver the program with relevance, professionalism and insight.